Particulars of Our Environmental Policy
Hirata Corporation contributes to protecting the global environment by reducing the environmental load of all aspects of our business activities, products, and services in order to achieve a sustainable society.
- Working towards manufacturing products with a reduced environmental load, considering the product lifecycle throughout its supply chain.
- Promoting energy-saving products
- Promoting recyclable design andmanufacturing of products
- Reducing the amounts of harmful materialsused in our products and using substitutes
- Abiding by environmental laws, treaties, requirements and voluntary standards set as needed. Also, developing coordination and cooperative relations with relevant government agencies and contributing to the local society.
- Striving to improve productivity and conserve the environment throughout all our business activities and production processes, including sales, design, manufacturing, installation, and after-sales service.
- Reducing energy usage and the emission of greenhouse gases
- Reducing waste and promoting recycle
- Reducing harmful materials and using substitute article
- Preventing environmental problems and pollution
- Preserving biological diversity
- Increasing environmental awareness through implementing education and publicity programs.
- Reviewing the EMS regularly to enhance environmental performance and striving for continuous improvement.
|Approved workplaces||■Kumamoto Site
Headguarters/Kumamoto Plant, Kumamoto Plant (East Plant), Kusuno Plant
Kanto Plant (Tochigi Prefecture)
Kansai Plant (Siga Prefecture)
|Inspecting organization||Japan Quality Assurance Organization|
|Accreditation organization||UKAS (UK)|
|Certification date||February 26,2003|
○: achieved, △: nearly achieved, ×: unachieved
Consideration for the Environment in Business Activities
|Reducing CO2 emissions||By the end of 2020, we will decrease more than 3% of the amount of CO₂ emissions compared to that of 2017 when measured based on the actual production amounts.||2% increase in comparison with actual production
Although we introduced energy saving equipments such as LED illuminations, high efficiency air conditioners, etc., the rate of energy consumption slightly increased due to the decrease of production amount and changes to the emission coefficients of greenhouse effect gas.
|△||We continue to make efforts to reduce the CO₂ emission amount by introducing energy saving equipments and strengthening the energy management practices.|
|Provision of Products with Reduced Environmental Load||Development of environment-friendly design (energy saving, space/weight saving, substitution of harmful materials)||We conducted product assessments to have achieved energy and space/weight saving products.||○||We continue to conduct product assessments.|
|Managing chemical substances contained in products||Inspection of Chemical Substances Contained in Our Products||We checked the hazardousness of our products by investigating the chemical substances contained in our products, gave training to our employees, and introduced the control system of chemical substances contained in the products.||○||We will expand the scope of investigation on the chemical substances through the control system of chemical substances contained in the products.|
Environmental loads in 2018 are as follows.
Hirata joined CSCI (Climate Savers Computing Initiative) which promotes energy conservation and prevention of global warming
Management Chemical Substances Contained in Products
In order to respond to a chemical substance related laws and regulations in Japan and overseas, including European RoHS Directive (*1) and REACH Regulations (*2), we will strengthen management of chemical substances contained in our products.
In fiscal 2018, we introduced and built the control system of chemical substances contained in the products. In fiscal 2019, we established the organization to check all chemical substances contained in our products with regard to all materials.Since cooperation of suppliers which deliver their products to us is indispensable for our investigation of chemical substances contained in our products, we held meetings for suppliers to explain the purpose and investigation method of chemical substances contained in the products.
Until now, the investigation of chemical substances contained in our products focused on the semiconductor/medical-related products and mass-produced products to find any inclusion of the toxic substances. However, from fiscal 2019, we expand the scope to include all materials used in our products to enforce compliance and promote production of safe products.
From July 2019, phthalic acid ester is added to RoHS Directive as a target substance. To cope with the tightening of regulations, we continue to conduct the compliance training for our employees to let them understand the alterations of legal restraints including RoHS Directive and REACH Regulations. In addition, we expand the training to the related companies to thoroughly control the chemical substances contained in the products within the group.
We continue to tighten the control of the chemical substances contained in the products by promoting cooperation with suppliers in order to comply with the legal restraints and reduce the inclusion risk of toxic substances in our products.
*1 RoHS Directive: Regulations of hazardous materials of EU
*2 REACH Regulations: Chemical substance management regulations of EU